Šilgaliai estate

The estate of Šilgaliai was built away from the main road, on the outskirts of the Nemunas valley, which never reached the flood waters. The estate was mentioned already in the XVII century, but its main activity at the time was dairying. This estate has long been one of the strongest farm in Pagėgiai region. In the beginning of the XIX century a Prussian king established famous Trakėnai stud where Lithuanian and Prussian mares were crossbred with northern and English purebred stallions. In such a way a new breed of riding horses – Trakėnai Stallons – was bred. The homestead of the estate consists of 13 buildings, a park, fragments of water and road system. Their conditions are still quite good. The architecture of buildings is typical to historical period. The most attractive part of estate is red tiling roof. There are remains of a park behind the estate. Here You can find an impressive old oak. Its span is about 4,5 meters. Today UAB ,,Nemuno Žirgynas” has 350 purebred horses and is the biggest stud farm in the country by the number of stallions and the area of land. Horse fans from other countries buy this kind of sport horses. Stud house rent horses for riding and give ridng lessons. Children can attend riding lessons there because Žirgynas has a sport school.

Šereiklaukis estate

The estate of Šereiklaukis was built in 1344. Firstly in historical sources it is mentioned in 1560. In the middle of the XVII century the Arabic stallions were started to breed there. In the XIX century a laird Dreisler expanded this trade. In 1812 the estate of Šereiklaukis had 6439 hectares of land and the owner of estate became one of the richest lairds of Prussia. But in 1878 the fire destroyed the estate. Despite the fact that the fire destroyed an estate, the owner has built a stable with a racesourse, an animal shed, a carriage hangar. In 1914 the Russian army occupied the estate and destroyed a living house, a house of servants and factory of spirit. Newly built factory of spirit was forced to close their trade because the government of Lithuania refused to buy an alcohol. During World War II the living house was completely destroyed. Nowadays there are survived a build of factory of spirit, a barn, the tower of grain and detritus of park. In early August 2010 in the survived build of factory of spirit there was established a public museum. It exhibits the last descendant of the owners of the Šereiklaukis Konrado Stegės personal archive of photographs and exhibits from Kristina Blankaitė. This woman is the initiator of establishing of this museum.

Vilkyškiai estate

The estate of Vilkyškiai was established 1628. The first master of the estate was Wolf Michael Müllkünzel. After his death estate went to his descendants. Later the estate belonged toZiegler family. At 1751 Regina Larisa Ziegler sold the estate on Gottfried Theodor Schőn from Šereiklaukis.  Other master - Gottfried Dressler bought the estate at 1801. Dressler Family ruled estate until World War II. The last master was Hans von Sperber. At 1905 lived here aalmost 154 people. Nowadays there are survived a build of estate house, pub building, red brick stables, servants house, grain granary. The beautiful park area was destroyed 

Būbliškės estate

From the end of the 13th century Pagėgiai and its environs were ruled by the Teutonic Order. From 1525 it was part of the Prussian State belonging to the ethnic-cultural region of Lithuania Minor. The estates located in those lands existed in a different legal, economical and social environment than those of the neighbouring Samogitia in the west of mainland Lithuania. The estate of Būbliškės was built nearby the main road Tilžė-Šilutė-Klaipėda. At 1773 reeve of Būbliškės estate became Michel Stumber. After his death estate went to his widow Frederike Stumber. At 1816 the estate consists of: Būbliškės Farmstead, Mikytai mansion, smithy Homestead, Schönwald pub, forested areas. 1824 estate acquired lieutenant Ludwigas W. E. von Sandenas. 1827 master of the mano became Eduard H. Schlenther. This Schlenther dynasty ruled estate until World War II. 1925 estate of Būbliškės (with farmstead Endriškės and Mikytai) was the second biggest estate in Lithuania Minor. After World War II Būbliškės Farmstead was destroyed. Nowadays there are survived a build of barn, the old park area with ponds and alleys tags.  


Šereikos g.5-3,
LT-99254 Vilkyškiai,
tel. +370 656 18 551,

Events calendar

<< June, 2023 >>